collapse collapse

Server Donations

Help Keep ClanXA Strong

Click top 100 and vote for ClanXA

The Counter-Strike TOP 100 Sites

Order From

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

* CS download American Servers

Counter-Strike XA Edition
American Servers Only
download now

Author Topic: Mouse drift in CS/XA server  (Read 3968 times)

Offline =XA= devish

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +2/-0
  • 0:0:1221990
Mouse drift in CS/XA server
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:58:53 PM »
I've brought this up in the CS server a few times and gotten lots of responses from people claiming to have the exact same issue. 

Basically for the last week I've been expiring mouse drift in the server.  Like it suddenly drifts off to one side or another without my input.   I haven't tested too much in other servers.. but many other players have confirmed this as well.  I'm not sure if this is a windows update or something going on with the game or our server.  I was hoping for some feedback from you all.  Anyone know if any changes made to the server in the past 7-14 days?

Several players in our servers have gone out and buying a new mouse thinking it was their setup..  One user claimed he was running a MAC and had the same problem...  I'm running Win10 so not sure if the recent Spectre patching has anything to do with it.

Whats your setup and do you have this issue in other server/games? 

Offline =XA= devish

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +2/-0
  • 0:0:1221990
Re: Mouse drift in CS/XA server
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
I'm wondering if it happens right when someone specs you...

Offline =XA= Chuck

• STEAM_0:1:407784
  • =XA= Owner
  • Likes +20/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
My mouse was doing funny moment after a windows update a few weeks ago I googled for hours and found the fix.

In game options under mouse settings click "Raw mouse input"  and sure enough it fixed it for me.  try it

Thanks
=XA=Chuck

Offline =XA= TiRant

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +0/-0
  • STEAM_0:1:41553724
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
I've brought this up in the CS server a few times and gotten lots of responses from people claiming to have the exact same issue. 

Basically for the last week I've been expiring mouse drift in the server.  Like it suddenly drifts off to one side or another without my input.   I haven't tested too much in other servers.. but many other players have confirmed this as well.  I'm not sure if this is a windows update or something going on with the game or our server.  I was hoping for some feedback from you all.  Anyone know if any changes made to the server in the past 7-14 days?

Several players in our servers have gone out and buying a new mouse thinking it was their setup..  One user claimed he was running a MAC and had the same problem...  I'm running Win10 so not sure if the recent Spectre patching has anything to do with it.

I've been having this exact issue since I swapped to a USB mouse. Happens in every server.

Redragon M601 Gaming Mouse wired with red led, 3200 DPI 6 Buttons Ergonomic CENTROPHORUS Gaming Mouse for PC

Offline =XA= Chuck

• =XA= Owner
  • Likes +20/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »

I've been having this exact issue since I swapped to a USB mouse. Happens in every server.

Redragon M601 Gaming Mouse wired with red led, 3200 DPI 6 Buttons Ergonomic CENTROPHORUS Gaming Mouse for PC

Have you tried  "Raw mouse input"

Thanks
=XA=Chuck

Offline =XA= placeb0

• =XA= Member
  • Likes +0/-0
  • STEAM_0:1:105307843
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 09:19:47 PM »
Mine has been doing this exact thing for a few weeks now.

No consistent pattern as to when it does it, but it will just take off, very smoothly.

Guess I will give the Raw Mouse a try.

Unlike a raw dog.

Offline =XA= riley

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +4/-0
  • 0:1:301280
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
This isn't a issue with the server.

Offline =XA= JVRacer04

• =XA= Server Admin
  • Likes +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »
Ive had the exact same issue, I thought it was drivers for my mouse which i updated maybe a month back. Ill try the raw input and see what it does

Offline =XA= TiRant

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 01:08:09 PM »
Ive had the exact same issue, I thought it was drivers for my mouse which i updated maybe a month back. Ill try the raw input and see what it does

It fixed it for me.

d4rk

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 04:55:54 PM »
Same issue happened to me this month with the new Windows 10 update. In options check the box raw input under mouse and it fixed it for me.

Offline =XA= Chuck

• =XA= Owner
  • Likes +20/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 05:44:01 PM »
Thanks Chuck your the man. WOW I should have listen to Chuck he knows whats he's talking about. WOW if I have any problems I'll just ask Chuck he's the man.

OK LOL  Done patting myself on the back.  But sometimes it pays to listen to the OLD man.  lol

Thanks
=XA=Chuck

Offline =XA= Bl^st

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +0/-0
  • STEAM_0:1:3718321
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 09:31:46 AM »
I thought MOST people already used raw input?

Offline =XA= TiRant

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 01:08:03 PM »
I thought MOST people already used raw input?

I didn't. I don't think I ever did, in fact. There's a subtle change in the response that takes a little getting used to.

Offline joltX[dt]

• Retired Member
  • Likes +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 03:03:43 PM »
Hi all -- I experience the same issue with my DeathAdder on a QcK+ Heavy mousepad.  The issue is with the optics on the mouse reading movements while your mouse is in the air/slightly off the mat, like when you're turning abruptly or with slow sensitivity.  One of the best ways to solve this is to download the drivers for your mouse.  A lot of times, you can adjust the sensitivity of the optics.  Unfortunately my mouse is also broken so I cannot fix the issue but hopefully this is somewhat helpful for others.

Also, try installing the Mark C (correct me if I'm wrong on the name) Mouse Fix for Windows 7/8/10 which will help with the computers interpretation of your raw mouse input.  This Mouse Fix changes a file in your computers registry, which is normal, and is NOT illegal or unsafe for your computer.

Best,
TJ

Offline =XA= mont

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +11/-1
  • STEAM_0:0:7560495
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 03:06:12 PM »
m_rawinput 1 fixed the mouse drift for me.

And I used to use the cpl_mousefix so that my mouse's sensitivity would drastically drop on my desktop but I don't think it works on windows 10. Don't notice that much of a difference when I did it on my last reformat.

* World Wide

photo Kas.gif

* Recent Posts

Re: Map suggestions by =XA= Chongman808[TpM]
[August 17, 2019, 03:02:55 PM]

Re: Map suggestions by NUB
[August 17, 2019, 10:44:29 AM]

Re: static banmenus by =XA= TDBZ
[August 15, 2019, 05:40:56 PM]

Re: static banmenus by =XA= Chongman808[TpM]
[August 15, 2019, 05:38:43 PM]