collapse collapse

Server Donations

Help Keep ClanXA Strong

Click top 100 and vote for ClanXA

The Counter-Strike TOP 100 Sites

Order From

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Calendar

August 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* CS download American Servers

Counter-Strike XA Edition
American Servers Only
download now

Author Topic: Issue: Admin Complacency  (Read 204 times)

Offline Taiga

• Retired Member
  • Independent Variable
Issue: Admin Complacency
« on: August 05, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
So this has been going on for awhile now and the only reason I'm bringing this up now is because today in-particular was just ridiculous. Here is a list of issues that either were dealt with (caveat: see below) or weren't at all:

Map: Assault_Busted
-CT Tower Camper
-CT Spawn Nade Spammer
-3 Hackers (1 Aimbot & 2 Wallhackers)

Only the first was resolved but that took a good 10 minutes (for crying out loud, the player in question was camping since the start of the map change). The second was never resolved and continued on as I left the server. As far as the hackers go, I didn't care enough to get their information ─ it's not my job any more. The most I will ever do now is report them via the admin chat. Any admin worth his/her salt will investigate further and come to their own conclusion.

Now this complacent almost uncaring behavior is exhibited by a rather concerning number of admins, so it's no small nor isolated issue. Some will literally wait for other admins to act before reacting themselves. Bottom line, from the time something gets reported (usually requiring MULTIPLE reports) to when it gets investigated and actually gets resolved is absolutely unacceptable.

Don't get offended or insulted that I am shedding light onto this issue, either. We all play on XA servers because they fun and typically are filled with great folks but that positive experience quickly degrades when things begin yawing South especially knowing full well that those who have the power to fix it then and there are present.

Lastly, I was an admin and SAS so I know a bit of what it's like. Sure I wasn't the best and I certainly had my drawbacks, but at least I gave a damn. I understand there are times when you just want to relax and play, that everything else becomes secondary. That temptation has struck me more times than I can recount. This is one of the reasons why I stepped down, I felt that I was not responsible enough for the job. So for those who seek to remain admin or otherwise, don't lose your focus out there because after all, you have a job to do. As someone who plays here with some frequency, I'd hate to see it all fall apart.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:31:37 AM by Taiga »

Offline =XA= St0rmz_[G]

• =XA= Server Admin
  • STEAM_0:0:22398187
Re: Issue: Admin Complacency
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:05:50 PM »
Definitely concur with Taiga. Things tend to get out of hand pretty quickly. We often have many admins in the server, but only a selected few actually live up to their admin responsibilities. It doesn't make sense that regular players are the ones who report the rule breakers, and sometimes it takes an AWFUL amount of time before one of the admins does something about it. I've even witnessed admins going back and forth with each other with immature lines like "You got it man" "No you got it I'm playing", "NO YOU GOT IT".

This is a great clan, but it needs a MAJOR SHAKEDOWN of your admin list. Some need to be demoted and like I've said before, a clan goes as far as admins take it. Of course members as well, but rules have to be enforced. Perhaps this is why I stepped down as well, due to the lack of commitment and how everything is SHAPED.

The only person that truly gives a damn is HANKEY. Sometimes he sits in spec patrolling and warning the rule breakers. When he plays, soon as you admin chat him, he goes to spec right away and takes care of the culprit. I suggest you all learn from him and follow his blueprint, he does this like he's getting paid big bucks for it.

Just my 2 cents, didn't mean to offend anybody and I won't respond if i'm quoted.

Offline =XA= Bootyman

• =XA= Owner
  • STEAM_0:0:14500669
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »
i'm an owner... yes im an admin but i shouldn't have to do as much work in the servers as i do. we have 25+ admins and i cant seem to get half of them to do anything... i come in and have to take care of like 90 things that should have been handled by someone else prior to me coming in... and the fact that i constantly have to say in admin chat for an admin to do their job is fucking ridiculous... next time i gotta ask twice the admins in server wont be admins anymore. ever, unless i change my mind.. not likely
Long Live XA, =XA= Bootyman.

Long Live XA!

Offline =XA= Lui

• =XA= Server Admin Supervisor
  • Be honest all the time, no matter what.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up stitch and taiga, yes... i've been watching some admins that doesn't do anything when an aimbotter comes, i've been giving them some time but since they don't do anything i just ban it myself, sadly i hasn't been online too much these days, but trust me i will, and i'm planning on do a list soon of those admins that aren't doing their admins duties.

Offline =XA= [Fr3AKazoid

• =XA= Staff
  • 0:0:484534
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 12:39:45 AM »
i agree , even if i am in another game if some one message me i come.... hell my son calls me at work and even tells me some one has message me about a hacker.
i know i haven't been playing cs much , but i will make time to come play more and help regulate. thanks Taiga and St0rmz.

Offline =XA= Weasel Jr.

• =XA= Server Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 01:25:23 AM »
I agree with TIAGA 100% but I don't agree with the part about hankey being the only one to do something I do quite a bit for the server don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I just think it is ridiculous that admins and higher with 40-70 hour jobs can find the time to come play and even sit in spec for hours on end watching people but I also know of a SAS and I will not say a name but the person spends there time playing a different game and when I message that person to come help me its like the blow me off because there other game is more important but you have people like me that are willing to do anything to help out

Offline =XA= Sammy

• =XA= Server Admin Supervisor
  • STEAM_0:0:181860839
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 02:07:13 AM »
So this has been going on for awhile now and the only reason I'm bringing this up now is because today in-particular was just ridiculous. Here is a list of issues that either were dealt with (caveat: see below) or weren't at all:

Map: Assault_Busted
-CT Tower Camper
-CT Spawn Nade Spammer
-3 Hackers (1 Aimbot & 2 Wallhackers)

Only the first was resolved but that took a good 10 minutes (for crying out loud, the player in question was camping since the start of the map change). The second was never dealt and continued on as I left the server. As far as the hackers go, I didn't care enough to get their information ─ it's not my job any more. The most I will ever do now is report them via the admin chat. Any admin worth his/her salt will investigate further and come to their own conclusion.

Now this complacent almost uncaring behavior is exhibited by a rather concerning number of admins, so it's no small nor isolated issue. Some will literally wait for other admins to act before reacting themselves. Bottom line, from the time something gets reported (usually requiring MULTIPLE reports) to when it gets investigated and actually gets resolved is absolutely unacceptable.

Don't get offended or insulted that I am shedding light onto this issue, either. We all play on XA servers because they fun and typically are filled with great folks but that positive experience quickly degrades when things begin yawing South especially knowing full well that those who have the power to fix it then and there are present.

Lastly, I was an admin and SAS so I know a bit of what it's like. Sure I wasn't the best and I certainly had my drawbacks, but at least I gave a damn. I understand there are times when you just want to relax and play, that everything else becomes secondary. That temptation has struck me more times than I can recount. This is one of the reasons why I stepped down, I felt that I was not responsible enough for the job. So for those who seek to remain admin or otherwise, don't lose your focus out there because after all, you have a job to do. As someone who plays here with some frequency, I'd hate to see it all fall apart.
Thanks for reporting on forums.And taiga i think maybe you dont know that john is our very new admin and we are still teaching him how to regulate a server so work in process :) but if you have a complaint about any other guy so please mention that guy name and We will think about it.
And i know most of our admin are busy these days so i suggest yo to add XA admins on your steam.So it will be easy for you to play and for admin to catch hackers.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:16:08 AM by =XA= Sammy »
                            LONG LIVE XA

Offline =XA= KICKER

• =XA= Executive Leader
  • STEAM_0:0:69235273
    • Click to join XA
  • AssKicker:
    ~Donator~

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 05:00:22 AM »
Thank you Taiga for bringing this to our attention and thank you Stormz for your input, we will handle this immediately.

Offline =XA= SierraSix

• =XA= Owner
  • STEAM_0:1:41553724
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 09:16:03 AM »
I was in assault_busted yesterday morning. 14 camping bans and an aimbot.

I'm tryin' bro.

Offline =XA= TDBZ

• =XA= Owner
  • STEAM_0:1:3517306
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 10:22:30 AM »
Every single time I am on I utilize my admin tools to check players.
It's not hard.
I ban, I kick, I slay I rocket.
Constantly.
There are times I join the server to just watch and observe players. Admins alike.
People come to me all the time when my steam is on.
Sometimes my kids are home playing on my PC and they call me to tell me someone is looking for me to ban a hacker.
It's not hard to do it.

Wish we still had players like Taiga and Stormz on the roster.
But that's another issue.
via Imgflip Meme Generator
          Loyalty - Duty - Respect - Selfless Service - Honor - Integrity - Personal Courage

Offline =XA= TDBZ

• =XA= Owner
  • STEAM_0:1:3517306
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 09:52:46 PM »
TAIGA. Please reconsider joining again. THIS is exactly why we need dedicated veterans running the show.
via Imgflip Meme Generator
          Loyalty - Duty - Respect - Selfless Service - Honor - Integrity - Personal Courage

* World Wide

photo Kas.gif

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.