Clan App

Started by =XA= xdarkn3ss, July 06, 2020, 05:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=XA= xdarkn3ss

In-Game name: xdarkn3ss
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2625983
How long have you been playing in =XA= servers: a month
Why do you want to join =XA=?: I find your server more fun than most others
Have you been a member of any clan(s) other than =XA=?: had my own clan years ago. I started playing CS about 16 years ago and joined a number of them.
Are you currently a member of any other clan?: No
Tell us a little bit more about yourself: I'm a life-long fan of CS. I like to cook, especially BBQ and baking. I have a daughter and a job - so I don't have tons of time to play. But playing is how I "decompress'.....other than that - I like sunsets and long walks on the beach and hope y'all will let me fly the clan tag and hang out

=XA= Philandra

Thanks for applying, darkn3ss!  We'll be waiting for an owner vouch and/or at least three other vouches from members/admins. 

I personally don't recall playing with you, and you've been in our servers for a short amount of time.  My guess is that you may have to wait a little bit until you can get enough vouches, but we'll see!   

Nonetheless, thank you for your patience.  In the meantime go ahead to the Forum/Server/Member Rules and post that you've read said rules.

I know you've talked a little about yourself in the application, but we also enjoying learning a few new things about you too in the Introduction Forum.

Please do NOT put on the XA tag until you've earned enough vouches and you have been added to the roster (this will show as =XA= Member and your name in a neon green font). If there is a delay after you've received the right amount of vouches, feel free to check in with one of us and we'll do our best to get that set up as soon as possible!

Thank you again for your interest in joining XA!

=XA= Philandra

BUMP!

Haven't heard any vouches, but want to make sure this doesn't get lost from activity over the holidays.

=XA= xdarkn3ss

Weird - there was one vouch on here this morning when I looked but its gone. I've been asking once in awhile for a vouch when I'm playing but I try not to be a bother about it. I'm sure a couple people will vouch for me soon.

Thanks!

=XA= xdarkn3ss

So I guess I had it wrong and posted the wrong STEAM ID with my app due to some confusion. Someone pointed out that the ID was showing as a VALVE ID - this has since been corrected. My STEAM ID is - STEAM_0:1:2625983.

Elarra was the one who vouched for me before but I guess their vouch was removed for some reason. Either way - I'm still interested

=XA= Philandra

Only Admin Level and higher are able to vouch which is why that post had been removed. We try to keep things crisp to be more efficient when processing clan applications.

Thank you for updated your information with a Steam ID. I'm glad you're still interested in joining XA -- as we do have a great community here.

As I stated in my original post, you have only been playing with us for about a month.  I think it is highly likely that most admins and higher ups would like to see you playing in XA a little longer.  Once everyone gets to know you better, I'm sure you'd have a faster response time when it comes to vouches.

All the Best.
//Philandra

=XA= Alejo

I have checked on you a few times the last couple of weeks. You have been playing as valver and not using your steam account. Why is that?

=XA= xdarkn3ss

Quote from: =XA= Alejo on July 16, 2020, 03:51:48 PM
I have checked on you a few times the last couple of weeks. You have been playing as valver and not using your steam account. Why is that?

It appears I wasn’t logged into the correct account. I fixed that today and updated my steam ID in the original post. Back when I started playing back in high school (2004-2005 time period) this wasn’t a “thing” - your account was your account. I had no idea that when I updated my email on my steam account it sort of “broke” the tie to my game license. I have gotten the issue resolved by recovering my original account.

I legitimately was taken by surprise when someone pointed this out to me today. One of the Admins (akoz) was nice enough to help me figure it out and pointed out that my ID was showing as “VALVE” instead of “STEAM”. Again, back when I started playing this wasn’t even something that could happen and I was not aware it had until someone pointed it out....at which point I started being accused of being “shady” which quite honestly pissed me off since I had no idea it was even an issue.

That’s another story though - issue has been fixed.

=XA= xdarkn3ss

Quote from: =XA= Philandra on July 16, 2020, 03:42:09 PM
Only Admin Level and higher are able to vouch which is why that post had been removed. We try to keep things crisp to be more efficient when processing clan applications.

Thank you for updated your information with a Steam ID. I'm glad you're still interested in joining XA -- as we do have a great community here.

As I stated in my original post, you have only been playing with us for about a month.  I think it is highly likely that most admins and higher ups would like to see you playing in XA a little longer.  Once everyone gets to know you better, I'm sure you'd have a faster response time when it comes to vouches.

All the Best.
//Philandra

Understood, no issue with that. I’ll keep playing as long as I’m welcome

=XA= Alejo

xdarkn3ss,

I suggest you to make sure not joining the server as a valver since we are aware that you own a steam account. It will be taken as red flag by any admin. Also, check the server rules:

01 - Hacking, ghosting and scripting are not allowed and will result in a permanent ban.
02 - Disrespect is not allowed, keep the server friendly.
03 - Racism and/or ****ism in any shape or form is not allowed.
04 - No spamming, excessive profanity or advertising on MIC or in CHAT.
05 - Don't use the =XA= tag if you are not a member.
06 - Only scrim team members can use the scrim tag [sT].
07 - All names on the server must have at least 3 characters in them. This is to make slap/slay/kick easier for people who don't use the admin               
       menu, as typing amx_kick "er" wouldn't work if multiple players have "er" in their names.
08 - Names such as "player", "123" and other generic names are not allowed.
09 - No complaining in the server, if you wish to file a complaint you can do so here: http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?board=59.0
10 - You must do the objective.
11 - Spawn camping is allowed only for 30 seconds at the beginning of the round.
12 - Killing hostages is not allowed. ANY Player will be kicked from server upon 2nd Hostage kill automatically.
13 - Bombsite B on defuse maps is closed until both teams have 5 players.
14 - Admins and above can use any name while spectating a potential hacker and ban under that name.
15 - The name must be changed back after the ban or when not in spec.

Welcome to our community. Please, spend more time with us so that we'll have the opportunity to know you better and decide about your application.

=XA= xdarkn3ss

Quote from: =XA= Alejo on July 16, 2020, 06:45:22 PM
xdarkn3ss,

I suggest you to make sure not joining the server as a valver since we are aware that you own a steam account. It will be taken as red flag by any admin..

I appreciate the explanation. Having taken such a long break from gaming, obviously some stuff had changed. I simply was not aware of this. Never meant to seem shady or like I was up to no good. The whole VALVE vs STEAM account thing was not something I was aware of. So when I started getting accused of cheating and being shady I sort of took it personally.

=XA= xdarkn3ss

Thread bump, still interested and putting in time on your server whenever I get the chance.

Minty

Pretty cool guy to play with.

=XA= Philandra

I'll go ahead and place a vouch as well. :)

Minty

Bump!!!! Just cuz I like playing with him. Someone else vouch for me... He's pretty good. Although he should talk more. 🙂

Server Donations

Help Keep ClanXA Strong

Order From

User Info

Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Like Us On Facebook!

Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Calendar

April 2024
Sun