collapse collapse

Server Donations

Help Keep ClanXA Strong

Click top 100 and vote for ClanXA

The Counter-Strike TOP 100 Sites

Order From

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Calendar

May 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]

* CS download American Servers

Counter-Strike XA Edition
American Servers Only
download now

Author Topic: Keeping Standard server Standard.  (Read 710 times)

Offline =XA= akoz

• =XA= Owner
  • Likes +3/-0
Re: Keeping Standard server Standard.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:24 PM »

Aren't the nominate maps the ones put up for the vote. 

^^

Offline =XA= JAZZY

• Rated best in Canada
  • =XA= Leader
  • Likes +23/-0
  • Emear#2, Cuddles#3
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »
I am not sure how that works either. Sometimes a lot of people nominate and the sometimes noone does but when there are too many nominations only few make it upto the vote and that I think is done randomly. This is a scenario when a lot of ppl nominate Lets say player A who we never see nominate a shitty map and player B who's a regular nom a good map. Server choose to randomly pick player A's choice and player B choice gets cancelled and the bitching begins.....lol

Offline =XA= llvllr. ][-][anK3Y

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +11/-0
  • STEAM_0:1:199849
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 08:42:58 PM »
I don't know so this is why I'm asking.

Aren't the nominate maps the ones put up for the vote.  Like all 5 or is 2 are nominate then the other 3 are random?  If this is the case then just make sure if you (not you personally granddaughter LOL  Jazzy)  want a certain map nominate it.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.  Just asking for a friend (This way I don't look bad.  LOL)
\

Chuck: many a times I nominate a map and it says I did then when the vote comes up its not there. Its actually a pretty common thing. No clue as to why.

Offline =XA= TDBZ

• Lets get on with the fraggin'!
  • =XA= Owner
  • Likes +2/-666
  • STEAM_0:1:3517306
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 10:10:06 PM »
Well, I would personally hate to get rid of ALL the customs.
Have gotten a lot of positive feedback on them.
Karma has even made changes on the fly on them too. Customizing via direct feedback from players in the map.
Personally I could see myself going back and forth between the two servers.

But, the server has been really busy.
I know we are in a pandemic - so yeah there is that, hell that's made a few of our servers busy.
Even months ago its been 32 players almost any given night.

Really feel we will have to still have a nice rotation.
Dev was asking me about adding Rotterdam back too. Its a classic.
We need to defo keep all the competitives on Standard.

Are there any of the custom maps we can keep on Standard?
Like NathanielDaniel said earlier - there are many who like the map selection.
I mean... Its risky. I don't want to fuck up a good thing.
We worked for years to get here.

Loyalty - Duty - Respect - Selfless Service - Honor - Integrity - Personal Courage

Not a member? Apply now! http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?board=8.0
XA Rules: http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?topic=8332.0
XA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/clanxa/
XA Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/clanxa/
XA Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/XAssassinsClan
XA TeamSpeak: 104.206.226.173
XA Discord: https://discord.gg/CHNdE2P
XA Server List: http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?topic=1973.0

Offline =XA= Philandra

• You See A Pink Elephant - Are You Drunk?!
  • =XA= Staff
  • Likes +7/-1
  • STEAM_0:0:371209
    • Philandra's Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 10:16:45 PM »

Aren't the nominate maps the ones put up for the vote. 

^^

The thing is, when there are more than 5 maps nominated, it randomly picks from the bunch that was put in. Of course, someONE nominated them, but it's not always good for the server. Sure people get curious and vote, but a lot of times they leave shortly after the map begins.

It's hit or miss and always will be.

Offline =XA= akoz

• =XA= Owner
  • Likes +3/-0
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 11:58:17 PM »
Sure people get curious and vote, but a lot of times they leave shortly after the map begins.

[/quote]

Do we have actually numbers on this or are we just making things up?  Unless you are watching every time who is nominating the maps, i find it hard to believe they leave shortly after.

I think this issue is just a few players saying they don't like the maps.  If people are not enjoying the maps they wont be nominated. Look at the IQ maps. I rarely see anyone nominating those maps. There are lots of maps that never get nominated. This is because no one likes them. The maps that get nominated, voted for and passed are the maps people want to play. And from what i can tell the custom maps and a bunch of others continually get nominated and voted for. 

Instead of changing the map list to other servers or deleting some maps in the rotation, how about the players that don't like the map pool in standard 1 play in other XA servers that don't have that map pool. This will solve the issue.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:04:38 AM by =XA= akoz »

Offline =XA= TDBZ

• Lets get on with the fraggin'!
  • =XA= Owner
  • Likes +2/-666
  • STEAM_0:1:3517306
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »
Maybe we should join the discord discussion.
So we get a better understanding and try to create the most viable solution for everyone.
It's never going to be 100% perfect for all.
Personally I always went with the flow via the game...

Going to try and invite people into this thread too... Get a discussion going.

One idea, was thinking we can rotate the custom maps in/out of standard too.
Maybe hype them up - launch them in Standard to test with everyone.
72-96 hrs then rotate them to the "Custom Maps" server.
Change the S2 Server to Custom Maps Server?

Loyalty - Duty - Respect - Selfless Service - Honor - Integrity - Personal Courage

Not a member? Apply now! http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?board=8.0
XA Rules: http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?topic=8332.0
XA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/clanxa/
XA Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/clanxa/
XA Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/XAssassinsClan
XA TeamSpeak: 104.206.226.173
XA Discord: https://discord.gg/CHNdE2P
XA Server List: http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?topic=1973.0

Offline =XA= devish

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +2/-0
  • 0:0:1221990
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
Is the server dying?
Don't we vote for each map being played?
Is it broken?  (Spirit lol)

This is what I see and it amaze's me.  Maps popup for a vote a map wins the vote. (Which means most people vote for that map to win. ) Map changes to most voted map and people bitch and complain about it.  LOL  But stay anyway most of the time. So someone has to like the map being voted on or it wouldn't have won in the first place.

Now with all that being said yes I feel there is too many maps listed and in rotation but then again with so few maps the same maps will be played and played.

For everyone saying out on another server how many (Not counting now since your stuck home) have played in the other servers with zero players in it to try and get it going.

I believe nominated maps can be bumped from the list if people keep nominating.  But regardless current voting only goes so far (and often falls flat) with the current map pool.  When you have super close split votes  it can result in a map win for something that only had 30% of the server vote for but the other 70% absolutely hate.  This can result in half the players leaving the server.   If we had ranked based voting where we pick from 5 and then revote on the top 2 picks then I think this would solve allot of discourse in the server.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:51:08 AM by =XA= devish »

Offline =XA= devish

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +2/-0
  • 0:0:1221990
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 12:48:11 PM »
Sure people get curious and vote, but a lot of times they leave shortly after the map begins.

Do we have actually numbers on this or are we just making things up?  Unless you are watching every time who is nominating the maps, i find it hard to believe they leave shortly after.

I think this issue is just a few players saying they don't like the maps.  If people are not enjoying the maps they wont be nominated. Look at the IQ maps. I rarely see anyone nominating those maps. There are lots of maps that never get nominated. This is because no one likes them. The maps that get nominated, voted for and passed are the maps people want to play. And from what i can tell the custom maps and a bunch of others continually get nominated and voted for. 

Instead of changing the map list to other servers or deleting some maps in the rotation, how about the players that don't like the map pool in standard 1 play in other XA servers that don't have that map pool. This will solve the issue.

People really do leave during vote maps when they see a map they are voting for isn't winning.  That's a reality if weather if there is a votemap or not...  people leave the server if they don't like the next map.  That's just common knowledge.  Votemap just advertise what the next will likely be in advance so they are more likely to leave before the map even changes.   

Again this goes back to my point on ranked based voting.   Currently a 30% (more or less) map vote is enough to win which could result in the majority of the server unhappy with the next map selection.  That's just a reality.   So were here to discuss weather we should chalk it up to tuff titties or we if we should explore options that might improve the situation. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:51:16 PM by =XA= Philandra »

Offline =XA= NathanielDanielTV

• =XA= Sergeant of War
  • Likes +4/-0
    • I Like to Stream
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 02:31:39 PM »
It would be really cool (but I doubt this is even possible):

To force the map choices for next map to be de_only
The next map is forced to be cs_ only
The next map is forced to be any fy/aim/custom map only

That way, the different scenario maps are played consistently and it won't continue being lopsided towards hostage maps and custom maps.

It is kind of a bummer when I join to play cpl_mill and 5 seconds later somebody does a mapvote to scoutzknives when the server has 30 people in it.  So I say, K i'll be back after scoutzknivez.
But the next 8 maps that get voted are office, dust2, italy, office lethal, oc2, fun_matrix, crackhouse, assault_busted, then finally 3 hours later its on fire or train.

But the reality is, it is tough luck.  If the majority of people in the server keep voting for the same maps, then, the crowd has spoken.  They are voting for what they want. The people in the minority (that includes me) just have to deal with it and disconnect when we don't like a map and join back when its on something good.

I stream a majority of the time I'm playing in our server!
https://www.twitch.tv/nathanieldanieltv

Offline =XA= Philandra

• =XA= Staff
  • Likes +7/-1
    • Philandra's Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »
Here we go....  Scroll towards the bottom if you don't want to read the long rant.

Do we have actually numbers on this or are we just making things up?

I really hope you are not questioning my integrity. I did not give an exact number because it was an observation that I have personally seen on multiple occasions that I felt was worth mentioning.  No, I have not recorded nor analyzed the specific player choices and the length of time they stay once a nomination is made.  If you would like me to track it, I am unemployed at the moment and I can start that process to "prove" the legitimacy of what I have witnessed versus the implication that I just pulled a random thought out of my ass thin air.   ;D

I think this issue is just a few players saying they don't like the maps.  If people are not enjoying the maps they wont be nominated. Look at the IQ maps. I rarely see anyone nominating those maps. There are lots of maps that never get nominated. This is because no one likes them. The maps that get nominated, voted for and passed are the maps people want to play.

Instead of picking through this, I'll just try to summarize.   8)

Sometimes maps are nominated out of curiosity and sometimes maps are /not/ nominated because people don't actually know the map. So it's not always just that a person likes or dislikes the map.  We can never know unless playing with the exact same players and get to know their interests and what maps they have played.

There are also certain times of the day that people are more open to trying custom maps over the standard maps.  People late at night love to joke and play around, so you'll see a lot of the random maps getting nominated more so than you would in the early evenings and mornings.

The more you play, the more trends you see.  I know that there are some players that will /always/ nominate a certain map because he/she enjoys it. I know there are some players that will leave a server because they despise a specific map. When you learn about a player's skill level and interests, you'll see patterns for sure. 

And from what i can tell the custom maps and a bunch of others continually get nominated and voted for.

Hmmm...

;)  Totally messing with you, akoz. I'm sure you meant well.

* Sure. I can do that [and I have].   Now I personally have permissions that allow me to change a map, but most people don't have that access other than using rockthevote (rtv).   8)

* I could also just leave and go play on a completely different server that is not XA (Mind you, this is not a threat, just what others may do because they don't feel 'obligated' to populate XA.).   :'(

* Then I could also stop playing for a bit - considering it a 'commercial break' - and leaving the game entirely until the next map change comes across.  :-X

* Of course, I could also stay, grin and bear it, and wait until I can rtv.

At the end of the day, we can't please everyone.  It was a suggestion that was brought up into a post because many people had been talking about it. 

I appreciate that many other suggestions have actually been implemented (ie: boosting Standard 2 instead of 1) and am looking forward to continuing to find ways to improve our servers as a whole --- especially when we have such a variety of player interests now that many of us are home-quarantined.

I think most of my post sums up my thoughts.  I know I got set off at the beginning, but I think I calmed down the more I proofed my post and adjusted it accordingly (along with adding emojis to soften it). LoL.  :D

I doubt half of you will be reading this whole thing anyway.  I have plenty to say [and usually do], but feel free to chat with me in Discord or otherwise if you want to dive deeper into my thoughts on the topic.

Anywho... /endrant
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:55:10 PM by =XA= Philandra »

Offline =XA= Philandra

• =XA= Staff
  • Likes +7/-1
    • Philandra's Facebook
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
Sorry, in case it wasn't mentioned more specifically in my other posts, I wanted to clarify something.  I am totally peachy with the maps still being accessible (not completely deleting).  I just think they should be removed from listmaps voting. If someone is eager to play ship_wreck, have them type it in. Less accessible, but still available.

Offline =XA= akoz

• =XA= Owner
  • Likes +3/-0
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »
Here we go....  Scroll towards the bottom if you don't want to read the long rant.

I really hope you are not questioning my integrity. I did not give an exact number because it was an observation that I have personally seen on multiple occasions that I felt was worth mentioning.  No, I have not recorded nor analyzed the specific player choices and the length of time they stay once a nomination is made.  If you would like me to track it, I am unemployed at the moment and I can start that process to "prove" the legitimacy of what I have witnessed versus the implication that I just pulled a random thought out of my ass thin air.   ;D

Sorry for questioning the validity of your observation, Philly.  I was nothing personal, it could have been anyone at that time. I got drunk last night and my true feelings about map rotation came out.

Sorry, in case it wasn't mentioned more specifically in my other posts, I wanted to clarify something.  I am totally peachy with the maps still being accessible (not completely deleting).  I just think they should be removed from listmaps voting. If someone is eager to play ship_wreck, have them type it in. Less accessible, but still available.

^ I endorse this idea. I think it will help limit the amount of times we do play those shitty maps.

I also agree with your point about having soooooooo many dust2 maps and their ability to be played one after another or even in the 6 map rotation block out
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:09:35 PM by =XA= akoz »

* World Wide

photo Kas.gif

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.