collapse

poetiK Application

Started by =XA= poetiK, September 09, 2018, 01:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=XA= poetiK

In-Game name: poetiK

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:39009

How long have you been playing in =XA= servers: On and off for a while while I tried different servers and a quite a bit over the last three weeks, since this one felt right.

Why do you want to join =XA=?: I've been around the game for a long time. I know a good community when I see it. Members are active and everyone has been super-cool to play with. The admins keep everything under control. I like the variety of maps. Mostly, it seems like everyone has fun. That's the most important part of Counter-Strike for me.

Have you been a member of any clan(s) other than =XA=?: Yes/No. If yes, which clan(s)? Before I do this, remember that I have been playing for twenty years, so it isn't as many as it seems. :p  I'll give a bit more info in case anyone played with me anywhere else in the old days. Under the name |-|ollywood: SkunkWorks [-sWc-] (part of Bloodstar); Genesis |G (part of HomeLAN) Under the name FU7IL3: w00t Gaming -[w00t]-; The Darkest Side -[DarK]- (America's Army) Under the name poetiK: Section 9 [s9]; American Hero =AH=; Ultimate Gamers uG|  The only one of these still active is uG. I still like everyone there, but I'm not fond of Assault, the Dust2 community isn't as active, and I get tired of the same map over and over. I left the clan when my PC broke down and I stopped playing for a year or two.

Tell us a little bit more about yourself: This is going to be a journey.

I've been a part of Counter-Strike for a long time. As  |-|ollywood, I wrote "The Sunday Matinee," an editorial on the gaming industry for HomeLAN News. HomeLAN was a company/gamer community that hosted servers for many games, most notably we had the contract for America's Army server administration. I competed in CAL with the Genesis Counter-Strike team as part of HomeLAN.

I got recruited out of Genesis by w00t Gaming to be on their competition team for CAL, OGL, and UGL. I played A LOT and got pretty good. We had sponsors and such, so I treated it like a job. Then, my wife at the time said to choose either her or the game. So, I left w00t, thinking that the game would die in a couple of years anyway. I've head three relationships end since then, but Counter-Strike is still around. :p

After my divorce, I came back. I competed a bit in America's Army with DarK until an update killed off the Mountain Ambush community. I was a part of Section 9 until it died, and then American Hero until it died. I joined Ultimate Gamers, primarily on Dust2, and was there until my PC died. I bought an all in one that wouldn't run CS very well, (thinking I would write more) if I didn't play, but here I am.

I'm a writer. I have a master's degree in literature and am working on a second one in creative writing. I primarily write horror, although I've published some poetry, as well. In my day job, I am a police detective. I've been doing that for 13 years. I'm now married to someone who doesn't mind gaming, and will be the person that you see playing Skyrim all the time on Discord.

I'm at the point where I play Counter-Strike for fun and to escape other responsibilities. That being said, I am a good community member, a fair admin, and still a decent player in streaks.

References (Optional): None. I haven't been social on the server until just the last three weeks or so. If people would rather see me play for a bit, I will be happy to play until asked to join. I will totally understand. We can still be friends.

Sorry for the length, but asking me to type words is like asking a dealer to hand you drugs. I'm going to sell you as much as I think I can get away with.

=XA= jfu

=XA= TeD.BeeZy.33

Thank you for applying!

While your application is being reviewed please go and introduce yourself to the clan by making a topic in this link:

http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0

Also we'd like to ask you to read and reply to our Forum and Server rules:

Forums,Servers & Members Rules: http://clanxa.com/smf/index.php?topic=8332.75

I will go ahead and vouch too.

1. get the rules read and agreed to.
2. do a quick intro

Then we can add you to the roster when that is done.

=XA= Sigmund Freud

Vouch. Hasn't been that long, but its clear poetiK is a quality dude and would make a great member of our community

ps. Would love to read some of your stuff man!

=XA= TeD.BeeZy.33

Welcome to XA! Have fun Robert.

Yes please share your writings when you can. Love to check it out.

HAVE FUN BRO. Been great gaming with you. You're a welcome addition to the team!
Frag em all!

=XA= costco 1.50 hot dog

A dissertation as an application +1 poetik

=XA= Philandra

=XA= TeD.BeeZy.33

=XA= TeX

Double vouch even tho its not needed. Welcome aboard Poetik!

Server Donations

Help Keep ClanXA Strong

Order From

User Info

Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Like Us On Facebook!

Recent Posts

Re: Clan Application by =XA= r4pt
[May 13, 2024, 04:35:51 PM]

Re: Clan Application by =XA= Alejo
[May 13, 2024, 10:36:02 AM]